Search engines are vital organic traffic sources, leads and visitors for every website. Since WordPress is generally regarded as an SEO platform, you should utilize a WordPress theme that is optimized and combined with an excellent WordPress SEO plugin to take advantage of the key benefits of plugins. Choosing the finest SEO plugin for WordPress may seem difficult with so many options available.
It is excellent that many WordPress plugin developers have developed crucial SEO plugins to assist website owners in producing search engine optimized websites. You do not require an SEO specialist to ensure that your website is as high as possible in search engines using these WP plugins.
You should consider installing an SEO plugin if you have a new website or have had a website but haven’t done so yet. You should also consider conducting your SEO test for your website.
To assist you, we’ve compiled a list of the best SEO plugins for WordPress and explained how they could help boost your website’s overall SEO ranking.
Best WordPress SEO Plugins 2021
Choosing an excellent host for your WordPress site will undoubtedly speed it up and improve its SEO rankings. That’s why it’s hard for some website owners to determine which features to prioritize when everything seems to be equally vital.
These are frequently simpler to comprehend and install, and you may choose from a variety of plugins with a variety of features.
Yoast SEO is one of the commonly used SEO plugins for WordPress, with over five million active installations. Yoast continues to enjoy the World of WordPress with spectacular improvements, a lovely design and the most convenient alternative for making blog postings and product pages outstanding with its excellent 5-star reviews.
Apart from optimizing your website’s SEO in general, this plugin goes above and beyond by taking care of all technical optimizations. It includes a variety of capabilities, making it an all-in-one SEO plugin.
Yoast SEO also has a webpage with premium support options and a large forum community.
Additionally, that website provides access to Yoast SEO premium, which includes more advanced features.
Yoast SEO’s Outstanding Features Include the Following:
- Enter keywords and see how successfully you’ve optimized your pages and posts for those keywords.
- Advanced XML sitemaps are also included.
- You can use the snippet preview to check how your page or post will appear in search results.
- Every two weeks, you also update the plugin.
- Premium plugin features include a redirect manager, ad-free backend, and free support.
- In contrast to some other plugins, Yoast SEO supports multiple sites.
- Page Analysis verifies that all of your targeted keywords are included in your Meta description, post title, subheadings, and pictures.
Rank Math is a WordPress SEO plugin that is widely considered the most powerful on the market.
It includes everything you need to control your on-page SEO completely. Rank Math brings together the capabilities of numerous plugins that you may use on your WordPress site for SEO and bringing everything to a lightweight, easy-to-use plugin. It is both feature-rich and user-friendly.
The following characteristics make Rank Math an excellent choice:
- It serves as a one-stop-shop for all of your SEO requirements.
- Each post/page/product is analyzed for SEO based on 40 variables.
- The user interface is simple.
- It can automatically add alt and title tags to the missing photos.
- Rank Math has a 404 monitor to show you when users encounter issues.
- Rank Math includes an XML Sitemap module and automatically pings search engines whenever you update a post.
- Support for Rich Snippets is available, with a choice of six distinct sorts of snippets, including Article, Product, Recipes, Events, Video, and Local Business.
- The plugin includes breadcrumbs, so you don’t need another one for that.
A total of 1 million users have used this plugin, which has received 4.5/5 reviews.
Although its functions are comparable to Yoast, All in One SEO Pack asserts that it is the only plugin that connects with WordPress E-commerce websites.
- It creates Meta tags and optimizes titles automatically for improved search results.
- A user-friendly interface allows you to make changes to your robots.txt file.
- Add search box markup to site links.
- Create Meta descriptions automatically.
- The most significant feature of this WordPress SEO plugin is that it requires minimal configuration and starts working immediately after installation.
- Additionally, it supports AMP, which means that it works directly with the official AMP WordPress plugin.
Squirrly SEO is a content-optimized plugin for search engines and also readers. It’s SEO for the standard user who has little to no prior knowledge of the subject. It provides a comprehensive SEO suite without any complicated parts. Squirrly SEO uniquely offers SEO recommendations compared to the other plugins. You start by entering the subject of your article. The desired term is also punched so that a series of green lights appear as you write.
The following characteristics make Squirrly SEO an excellent choice:
- Keyword optimization occurs concurrently with the writing of the article. This is a bit easier since the article is often saved to see opinions and results.
- Squirrly preserves all of your prior settings if you replace an outdated SEO plugin for WordPress with it.
- There is a tool that evaluates your competition to determine how to outrank them.
- Squirrly comes with content reports that you may share with other members of your organization.
- You’ll receive weekly progress reports and also a robust tool that displays recent tweets regarding your topics. This provides inspiration and also suggestions for how to improve your work.
This is the best WordPress SEO plugin that manages every component of SEO with equal importance.
For starters, SEOPressor guarantees keyword-rich content appears in the appropriate locations and at the right frequency. It also offers an “over-optimization” warning tool to prevent Google Webmaster Guidelines violations.
- You can track the SEO score of your desired keyword using the Keyword SEO score function.
- Google penalizes people who overuse working SEO tips. SEOPressor enables you to keep an eye on over-optimization.
- SEOPressor determines the semantic quality of your site using a patented formula called SemantiQTM. It allows this plugin to recommend ways to improve your contextual signal for search engines.
- With the Smart Link tool, you may automatically add links and keywords to boost the average time on site, a reduced bounce rate, etc.
- With SEOPressor, you have complete control over how search engines analyze your site.
There are many web-based WordPress SEO plugins. The five plugins listed above are the most popular and can help webmasters with the most concerns. Using a lot of plugins simultaneously will slow down your site. As a best practice, you should deactivate any plugins that you don’t use regularly and reactivate when necessary.
If none of these plugins successfully improve your ranking in search engine results pages, you should consider switching to a more reliable WordPress hosting provider. So be smart, analyze properly and choose wisely.